Friday, February 15, 2013

So I went to Odeon

I had a rare day when I did not have to work the evening shift at the "Office"... so I went to the cinema . A treat for me myself and I... 
Bath doesn't have a Cineworld but an Odeon... and I m not impressed! I already complaint about this in my blog about this.


But back to film... I went to see beautiful creatures... 



and I thought it can be either good or bad... Do not think I went with an opened mind. I did hope however that I would not have to walk out in case this thing will turn out be like Twilight. Although lovely people at Empire magazine said not to consider it this way... 

I thought it was good... Interesting story, sad in a way, but unlike silly twilight where was no "oh i think about feelings..." it was more "yes, we love each other and we will find a way". 

It was nice to see Viola Davis back on the big screen, not for very long but in a different role. 

The film is set in North Carolina, so everyone had a cute Southern accent, I'm certain some how it makes everything better. Maybe it is my love for True Blood talking. 

I enjoyed that the main boy and girl were referring to books and dream about something better...I think I might watch it couple of more times and might consider read a book, I am actually terrified of young adult fiction. Like super terrified I read 2 twilight books... 

I cannot decide who are my most favorite characters in this film are... There is a tie between lovable Ethan (Alden Ehrenreich) and scary yet devoted Macon (Jeremy Irons).

Ethan is a dreamer who wants more, and him being a teen... (sorry casting people there is no way any of these actors are 16!!) loves deeply and epic-ly. Can I say epic-ly?? 


I have never seen him before in anything but yet again lovely people in Empire said he is great and was working with Sophia Coppola. He is very very good. And so lovable as Ethan! So really feel for him... ...snow and then nothing... 
Jeremy Irons is a super amazing, so unlikable and horrible but the ultimate sacrifice... and you are forgetting about all the harsh things he ever did to Lena, and I just though about the love the parent have towards child.


Another unexpected thing was Emma Thompson with Southern accent... Like oh my god! She was unbelievable so super evil!

Also the costumes... Oh the costumes!!

It was also so delightfully Butron-esque... just like big fish with skeleton key thrown in for extra Southern deliciousness.


It is however still very emo and coming of age. But it is also about love, what somehow conquers all, you just need to see it. I would day for love of southern flare, love and magic go and see Beautiful Creatures....

Also surprisingly all the actors are pretty but not beautiful... and all of them are top class!


Written by Daria while still thinking if it was that good or not really... 





No comments:

Post a Comment