Monday, January 13, 2014

Best female character ever... is Katniss Everdeen

Out of all the new young Hollywood bright things at the moment my most favorite remains for a 3rd year running Jennifer Lawrence! But however I saw her in only few things, Hunger games and X-men for now, big plan is to catch American Hustle in cinema and finally watch Silverlining Palybook.



There are not a lot of film there the lead is female, only few in face. The industry is dominated by men... So when something like Hunger Games appears it takes us by storm. Frankly the 1st installment of the Games left me feeling bit shaken by violence of it, blood, sadness and how messed us Suzanne Collins' universe is. I also did not feel like reading the books, but second film changed all that!

Then again it is one of our favorite topics, books into films...

I did not see the film until it was almost done and over with in the cinema, literary went to see it just before Christmas. I was blown away!



Katinss and Peeta are winners... but what did they really win? Life fool of nightmares and guild, life that they have to lie about what they really want... well for Katniss this is more accurate. Peeta loves her, she's not so much. Oh the triangle that every young adult writer exploits! Even my ever favorite Mortal Instruments...

But there is a change in the air, there is hope... But The President will not let this happen. I guess everything goes down to power struggle.

I do not want to ruin anything for you guys if you are into hunger games... So I shall try not to revel much. But ever so sorry in advance if I do.

Katniss is strong independent does how she pleases... until it has been discovered, and the President can have anyone killed. Anyone!
The tour that the winners must do all over all the districts and pay respects and blah blah PR things, is actually ever so scary and so very much what is happening in some places on Earth. But I had tears in my eyes when Katniss talked about Roux, and about how unfair the games are. People of Panam want to express their feeling, but the government butts in and kills ones who dare to defy them and their rules. Such a scary notion, make you think of Wikileaks and Edward Snowden, right? (Maybe its just me over-thinking things).
Inevitably there are 75th Hunger Games and all the old winners are drafted. Katniss is back in the games....



She is my wonder woman! She is strong, athletic, beautiful young woman. She is also what every girl, well most girls, I hope, want to be independent and free. And yet still she looks like a real girl, with curves and a cross bow, which apparently she keeps under her bed (Vogue told me so)



Last scene is just Jennifer's face looking into the camera after she heard the horrific news... Eyes full of revenge and defiance. And that was the moment when I realise I must read these books!


Written by Daria... I do have a girl crush on her!

No comments:

Post a Comment