Monday, February 3, 2014

It's alive!!! ALIVE!!

With all the super sad and meaningful films around I decided that I cannot be dealing with it, so I watch something light... I, Frankenstein... I actually seen it twice. And I think now I know how I feel about this film. 



So when I saw this for the 1st time, I knew I enjoyed visual... It was a bit Gothic, dark, beautifully executed, good effects, good looking actors, amazing location and an interesting plot.... But there was something that was bothering me. 

As you know I am a sucker for a main dude, who is misunderstood, preferably half nude and involved in some fights, muddy with swords. So I am biased a bit... 

Victor Frankenstein had created a human, reanimated him. Then though, poop, what have I done, must kill that thing... Well thing did not die, but took revenge on his maker. By doing so he came across some demons and gargoyles. 

The whole story kicks off when Adam (main dude with sexy abs) goes back to the cities to hunt instead of being hunted. Good action scenes all around, some of them a bit sloppy I though and were not choreographed properly, but eye catching. 



However, after watching it today I can tell that there are some faults or things were too simplified... Such a, big evil by Bill Nighy, been called by name to clarify it for the viewer when it was actually dead obvious, and the last scene... WTF! That's like that scene from the 1st Spider man movie with Toby Maguire when Spidey show next to american flag, beyond cheesy! 

Another thing I though was a bit strange for film sake, "most trusted" guard or a fighter makes a silly move. I think there should be more to story, that he loves the Queen, that would make sense. But that story line was not developed. Film seem to lost bits of it in the editing room, looks like there were a lot of things altered and taken out. I think it should have more stories between characters...

But it is still a spectacular film, visually could have been like not boring Zach Synder film!

Well, I definitely more interested in Aaron Eckhart, he did not have many lines but he had a lot of looking into the camera looks. And these abs!!



 And I actually want to get my hands on this graphic novel.... :) 

I would definitely see it again, but its one of these films I really enjoy... 

It was kind of like Buffy the vampire Slayer, but you know Adam the demon descender... 



Written by Daria, simply because I cannot wait any longer for Owen to contribute! Hint! Hint!

No comments:

Post a Comment