Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Argo... F@&k yourself

Ben Affleck has been considered to be a super hottie since Armageddon… But I never personally thought much of him.
I supposed I really didn't pay much attention to his acting career either. 


I don't remember much of Armageddon... I am a girl and it's disaster action film ....BUT! the awesome song by Aerosmith


How many weddings was this song featured at... One can only guess...

But back to Mr Ben Affleck

I must admit I am co-writing the blog about films and I have not seen Good Will Hunting....
 Well I did see Ben in 200 Cigarettes he was super lovely in that and awesomely funny Dogma.

After being a little traumatised by Killer Inside Me Casey Affleck became my favourite Affleck brother. Love him, such a great film but oh so terribly violent.


But then we went to see Argo… I believe I have not been that excited since… well for a very long time. It did however remind me of film Munich, I guess it is because it is also set on the real event, very scary events if anything. 

Mr Affleck was a very convincing as a CIA agent who works on how to get people out of sticky situations. Plot of this film made me think of Munich... True story, terrible situation, strong emotions...
I cannot say that Argo is better than Munich but Argo was easier to absorb and enjoy it. There are some funny moments in it. You do smile on occasion and it is less dark.
It was like Tailor Tinker got a funny make over and became less tedious...
Very funny and very terrifying at the same time. I couldn't actually believe this film describes such recent events…


We did not actually know what exactly happened and how, so the tension was super high… I was jumping up and down with excitement … I cannot go into much details as such it was more of the “emotions running high” kind of film… I was pleasantly surprised that Ben Affleck not only had a leading role but also directed it. Therefore I do not have a favourite Affleck brother anymore, I just enjoy Affleck brothers J
The film definitely had some super moments… The stressed people in the American embassy trying to leave Tehran  horrible scene when the hostages were brought down into the basement… And for about 2 weeks after seeing this film I was saying “Argo---f&@k yourself”

I do believe it was truly deserved that Mr Affleck got the golden globe for Best picture and best director. I truly hope that this film will get some Oscars… after all it is based on the true story and told with humor. Big thank you to President Clinton for declassifying this information…

 I mean it is still rather unbelievable that the fake movie will get people out of a very sticky situation. 

written by Daria while day dreaming about the scary spy adverntures

No comments:

Post a Comment