Sunday, November 17, 2013

Few films I saw over last month

it's been hectic... work work work... No play what so ever... I was walking around like a zombie had my brain only watching series and not paying much attention to anything else but the work.

I finally had enough and made some me and cinema time.
I saw Thor...
I saw Dredd...
And last but not least I saw Ender's Game...

A tipple post people!

Thor: The Dark World



Well I actually saw Thor Dark World twice. Husband said that he wanted to see it too purely because of awesomeness of Loki. 
If the 1st Thor movie was a bit simplistic and not as exciting as The Avengers were, or Iron Man, the second film is more improved. I do think they have changed the director... Owen, am I right? 
It was fun to watch. If Thor is all goodie goodie Loki was as much mean as Thor is good. In Owen's words Loki was much of a main character than Thor. On the acting ability only I must agree. But it was always harder to play "bag" guys then good, doesn't give actor much of the range really to play with if you are meant to be a good guy. 
So Thor did his awesome Thor thing, Loki did his mean but I will help you think, Dr Sevlig did his Swedish thing by running around with nothing on, and Darcy did the comedy bits. It was a fun film. They ruined Greenwich in London. FUN! Not as ruining all New York Avengers fun but fun non the less. 
The traditional Stan Lee cameo was fun one too. 


If you are a fun of the Marvel films do watch it. Watch it till the very end for more bits to come.... till the last last title screen goes off the screen. There are tow small "Easter eggs" in there. I am please to say there is more Thor and Marvel dudes to be on our screens in near future. Hooray!

Dredd.



Hubby and I had an evening of cooking and watching something you did not have to think much about, so thank you NetFlix we chose Dredd. One thing certain that film would have look spectacular in 3D. Even if I think it is overrated! I liked it. It was fast paced action with some graphic and unnecessary violence. Good entertainment for boys really. Lena Headley was so evil, she is actually one of my favorite actors at this very moment. If you want to watch something blow up watch Dredd, it was good. 

Ender's Game.

I really did not know what to expect, I did not read the book or any reviews, when to the cinema on a whim. I wanted to see Harrison Ford do his thing, Sir Ben with tattooed face and Viola Davis being amazing as usual.


I was blown away by young Asa Butterfield.. He was amazing, you could actually feel his frustration about him being like his brother... 
What I don't get if why they decided to make kids in charge of war ships... Do not get that. 



But I saw the main twist coming... 
I am actually still uncertain how I feel about this film, but I do know how I feel about these young actors in it. There were amazing. And definitely ones to watch.



I would actually appreciate some one else opinion on the Ender's Game. Please people help me make up my mind.



written by Daria while drinking lots and lots of coffee. 


No comments:

Post a Comment